Wednesday, July 31, 2013

SURRENDER TO HIS LORDSHIP


“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey…?” That’s a question that Paul posed to his Romans’ audience in the book of Romans, Chapter 6.

While I won’t be talking about our members (also, body) in this article, as there’s one already planned for it; I will like to ask a question about you.

Isaiah 9:6 explains that as part of Jesus’ Lordship, “the government will be upon His shoulders”; and so I ask:

“Is the government of your life upon His shoulders; or are you running things your own way?”


A group of people very much admired by a lot of people in the world today are the military. They are not loved for their ability to handle a weapon; neither are they admired for their looks.
No. they are admired by a large number of people because of their discipline. In the military, when a Major General gives a command to his subordinate, the latter responds by saying, “Yes, sir!” In the military when given an instruction by a superior, regardless of how good or bad or inhumane that instruction is, “no” is not an option.

This is same in the Kingdom. You cannot call someone your lord and say “no” to that person. “No” and “Lord” cannot be together alone in the same phrase. It’s never “No Lord”. It’s always “YES LORD”. To His will, to His ways – Yes Lord. Not to your ways, not to your will. 
 “… Shall the thing formed say to Him that formed it, “why hast thou made me thus?” – Romans 9:20b

When you became a new creation individual, you lost all the rights that you once possessed to God who made you, and to Christ who gave Himself for you.

1st Corinthians 6:19b-20 – “… and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.”

We are not our own. We were bought at a very high cost. As Christians, we are the highest priced commodities existing anywhere in the world today – in the heavens, on earth, beneath the earth, and beyond all planets. 
Why?

Because we were bought with the precious and priceless blood of the Lamb of God – the blood of Jesus.

E.W. Kenyon mentioned in his book, New Creation Realities, that since God gave all He had to purchase us, it means we are all God has on this earth. We are His voice, His hands, His legs, etc. He owns it all. And we must give to Him what rightly belongs to Him.

I’d like to conclude with the story I heard about a man who had given his life over to Christ. He was in a train one day and was invited by fellow passengers to come over to gamble with them.

He replied, “I really would have loved to gamble with you, but I don’t have hands to gamble with anymore.”
Shocked at his words, the gamblers looked at his hands which looked very well and good.

So he explained, “Oh, you’re looking at these hands? These hands don’t belong to me. They used to be mine; but not anymore. Christ now owns them, and He won’t use His hands to gamble, so I cannot gamble.” And then he walked away.

Who owns your life, friend? Are they yours or Christ’s? New Creation individuals give God their all.
I leave you with the lyrics of the popular hymn, Take My Life and Let It Be, by Frances Havergal (1874)

Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee. 


Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.


Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord; I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Temi. Beautiful . funnily enough, my dad and i discussed something similar this morning. he complained about a staff who seems to reverence his boss (by calling him OGA) but still flaunts simple instructions. we concluded that someone like that would not know how to serve God whole heartedly or like you stated he will not know how to allow God's goverment rest well on his shoulders...his actions are not based on the instructions of his 'OGA' but his own will...and it doesnt work that way. the word LORD itself confirms sovereignty. so if someone is Lord over your life, it means he is in total, absolute, indisputable and unarguable control of your life...any thing contray...then you dont have a LORD, infact, you are lord over yourself...and that is going to be a sorry case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right... Thanks for your comments Ife. Like that staff, I've lived "lip service" surrender before, and surprisingly, it feels way much better to surrender to him. It's humility and it always pays. I hope this staff learns it too

      Delete