Thursday, April 24, 2014

#10 COOL Things About Christianity


One day, in Texas, I went out on evangelism with a girl. That was the first time I met her and that was my first campus/street evangelism (with a group) in Texas. For the sake of anonymity, I’ll call her Eva. While Eva and I went out preaching the gospel of Christ, we met a girl who said she was raised Catholic, but since she’s now grown, she was considering what religion to get plugged into. Eva and I (me – mostly quiet, being my first day) shared what we believed about God to her, and all was good until Eva ended with, “And you know, the cool thing about Christianity is that once you accept Christ, you can stop trusting God and you’ll still go to heaven.” I was dazed – too dazed to speak. Thinking back now, I wish the ground had opened up and swallowed the concrete chair I was sitting on [with me on it]. One thing I definitely knew was that Eva didn’t mean any harm. She just understood/interpreted the doctrine of eternal security wrongly. You can’t stop trusting God and call yourself a believer. How can you NOT believe and then say you’re a believer? Of what are you a believer in then, I ask? Anyway, I’m not here to criticize a dear sister in Christ. However, recently, as I thought about that event, I realized that there are actually really really cool things about Christianity. And so I’ve put together this really short list of some cool things about Christianity. You sure can add more J



#1
Jesus started and completed the work of salvation for us even before we knew we needed salvation – Romans 5:6-8; John 19:30
#2
When God looks down on the earth, He doesn’t see us with all our mistakes and errors and stuff, He sees Jesus’ righteousness and that satisfies Him – Romans 5:1; 2nd Corinthians 5: 21
#3
We have eternal security. No power of hell and no scheme of man can ever pluck us from His hand – John 10:28-29; Ephesians 1:13-14
#4
We don’t need to pray for blessings. We’re blessed already – Ephesians 1:3; 2nd Peter 1:3
#5
We are assured of the Father’s unconditional love. Nothing can ever separate us from His love – Romans 8:38-39
#6
We have all that Christ has. We’re joint heirs with Him – Romans 8:16-17; 2nd Peter 1:4
#7
We have so much authority, in fact Christ’s authority; that whatever we say is done – not just here on earth, but also in heaven – Matthew 28:18; Luke 10:19; Mark 11:23; Matthew 18:18-19
#8
We’re seated in Christ in heavenly places far above principalities, and power, and might and dominion, and every name that is named. In the words of Kenneth E. Hagin, we’re looking down on the devil. Cooool!!! – Ephesians 1:21, Ephesians 2:6
#9
For those of you who like me fantasizes being a queen or king, not a thing to worry about; we already are royalty AND we’re going to be adorned with beautiful heavenly crowns when we get there. And, shh, I heard there’ll be stars on them. I’m excited already JRevelation 1:6; 1st Corinthians 9:24-25; 1st Thessalonians 2:19; 2nd Timothy 4:8; 1st Peter 5:4; Revelation 2:10; James 1:12
#10
Christ is our life. It’s not ours anymore. And as He is, so are we in this world. Even more, when we see Him, we shall be like Him – Colossians 3:3-4; 1st John 4:17; 1st John 3:2

#11 (added by Jane Paulsen from comments below): We are confident in the fact that when we talk to God, He actually hears us. He isn’t dead. He is Life Himself

 

No comments:

Post a Comment