Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dear Readers: HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Dear Readers,
As my blog name, Temi’s Race, implies, I have kept up with telling y’all about my experiences and inspirations on this Christian journey; many times, ending those experiences with words of exhortation and encouragement to you. This post is no different, except that today, I need counsel from y’all.

Here it goes:

This year has been very tough – really tough – for me. I don’t want to talk about anything in detail now. [I plan a 7-day series on “2014 in Retrospect,” where I’ll share my major experiences and learnings this year. I plan that for the last week of the year, December 25-31. So, please, watch out for that]. Pending that time, however, one of my this-year-has-been-very-tough-for-me experiences has to do with rejection. I “suffered” two major bouts of rejection this year. One was such a hard blow, it threw me into utter confusion for weeks (I’m still confused, but I’m rising above). The other one came slowly, quietly, and craftily. Whether the intention of the sources of these two instances was rejection or not, I don’t know. Bottom line is that it felt like it – I acknowledged it and it hurt – it really really hurt.

Many months after, I have come to realize that I’m really scared of being rejected again. Knowing this, I cannot but seek help from y’all, my friends. I know that the fear of rejection can lead to several unpleasant things; one of which is compromising your faith just to please people and be accepted by them. OF COURSE, I’m not there yet, and I don’t want to get down to that level ever. So, pleaaassseeee, what practical steps can I take to deal with this? HELP ME!
Please, don’t fail to drop a word or more in the comment session below. I promise to consider all the counsels and put into action the godly advice that you offer.

GOD BLESS YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment