Sunday, December 29, 2013

It Really Doesn't Matter




Friends, as the year winds to an end, there are several things some of us will want to take with us into the New Year. Many of us will like to carry on our blessings, successes, and accomplishments along with us; unfortunately, some of us will carry on our failures and disappointments. This is not entirely bad, as one can learn from these failures and proceed to achieve something great in areas they have failed. But even worse are those of us who drag on the mistakes of the past and the guilt of their sin on their shoulders for years and years on. I have word for you today: It is time to let it go. It doesn’t matter anymore.


You may be wondering, “Of course, it does matter. My mistakes matter. My sin matter. If they didn’t, I wouldn’t be here today. My present life is a direct result of my past sin.” Some may say, “I’ve got HIV because of my sin. It definitely matters;” OR “My home is broken because of my mistakes; so it does matter. I am definitely facing the consequences of my deeds;” OR whatever your story may be. While you may be somewhat right, I choose to go with the Truth of GOD’s Word on this. The Bible tells me in a very popular scripture – 2nd Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if ANY MAN be in Christ, he is a new creation: Old things have PASSED AWAY; Behold, ALL THINGS are become new.” You see if there’s anyone who knew what he meant when he scripted this verse, it was the author himself. The Apostle Paul called himself the chief of sinners (1 Timothy 1:15). He had swum in the river of sin for a long time. Worse off, is that while he sinned, he had thought he was doing God service. For such people, you know it’s often hard to get them out of their sin. But then he met Jesus and experienced a change. And even though he struggled with sin sometimes (Romans 7), he didn’t let it hold him bound. In his letter to the Philippians, he confessed, “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” – Philippians 3:14. In this he was saying, “I may’ve sinned. I may’ve been right or wrong in my own eyes. I may’ve done one good or many bads. All these don’t matter anymore. I choose to focus on Jesus who’s the Author and Finisher of my faith (Hebrews 12:2). I choose to let it all go for something better.” You think Paul didn’t have any physical challenges? Think again. Look at 2nd Corinthians 12:7-9. Who knows, his challenges may’ve been a result of his past sinful deed. Funny thing is even though he specifically asked GOD to take away his thorn (as he called it), GOD didn’t. HE had a better plan. And rather than whine and grump and remain in his pain, Paul chose to press on.



Two more days into the New Year people; it’s time to PRESS ON.

A story in the Bible that may help to give you the courage you need to leave Satan and every of his attachment (sin, guilt, etc.) on you today is found in the Gospel Book of John-  John 8:1-11. It is the story of an adulterous woman. She was caught in the act of adultery; and according to the Jewish law, she had to be stoned to death. So the Pharisees brought her to Jesus to know what he thought about their intentions. Hmmm!

Yes, you’re free to wonder, “Was she in the ‘act’ all by herself? Where’s her partner in crime?” 

That’s my point! You see, Satan never ever has a problem with the sin. No. He has a problem with the person. If Satan had a problem with the sin, then the man with whom the woman committed adultery would have been brought forward too for stoning, as well as, all the adulterers and fornicators in Israel at that time. But Satan is extremely comfortable with sin. He is the father of sin (John 8:44) and the originator of it (Genesis 3:1). So while GOD condemns sin and saves the sinner (John 3:17); Satan preserves sin and condemns the sinner. And then you join Satan to condemn yourself. Satan says you’re not worthy, and you echo it back to yourself. Satan says you’re such a sinner, and you echo it back to yourself. Satan says you can never be healed, and you echo it back to yourself. Satan says your broken home/marriage/life/heart can never be mended and you echo it back to yourself. Satan says God cannot possibly love a person like you, and you echo it back to yourself. WOW!!!

My advice for you today is this: Go with GOD on this matter. Let it go. Hand your life over to Him and let Him lift up that chip from off your shoulder. His burden is light and His yoke is easy (Matthew 11:28-30; 1st Peter 5:7). You’ve carried it on for too long. Friend, it’s time to let it go. Listen to Jesus’ words to the adulterous woman. Hear Him say it to you, “Neither do I condemn you: go and sin no more.” Yes, It’s time to tell the Devil, “ENOUGH! I’m not guilty anymore; Christ loves me and has paid it all for me. Enough of your lies, Satan. I hereby shove all your gifts back to you. I am saved. I am free. And I’m pressing on; because my past will not dictate my future (Jeremiah 29:11). It really doesn’t matter anymore.”

Happy New Year, Folks. GOD Bless You. Welcome to a life of true freedom in Christ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment